Sebatik.com has a no tolerance spam policy.
Legitimate use of Sebatik.com includes the sending of newsletters, brochures, promotions, invitations, press releases, product launches and other email campaigns that keep registered customers or members informed.
Sebatik.com does not condone spam which is defined as unsolicited bulk email. In other words, if the recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate permission to receive the email, it can be classified as spam.
We do certify that my lists consist of 100% certifiable opt-in email addresses. We do agree to only sending permission-based email newsletters upon signup. This means that all recipients sent to must have opted-in to receive communications from the sending organization.
An opt-in can occur either via a sign-up form on a web site, at a point-of-sale sign-up form, or on a physical sign-up sheet. Any opt-in form should include a clear description of what will be sent and how often it will be sent.
We will never:
- harvest emails from web sites
- purchase lists (whether they are opt-in or not)
- have a pre-checked field on your subscription form
- have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
- send out unrelated offers or unrelated content to your newsletter list
- add an email address into a list without the subscriber’s permission
- email someone who has requested to be removed from your list
- send out a regular newsletter to a recipient who has opted-in to receive it
- send out information and content to recipients who have requested to receive content on that topic from your organization
Procedure for Handling Complaints
We have a no tolerance spam policy. Spam is defined as unsolicited mass email to persons with whom you do not have a business relationship or have not requested (opted-in to) your mailing. Maily.co is intended for businesses who have an established list of permission-based opt-in email addresses. We provide our product only to those who follow our strict anti-spam policy.
If you believe someone has been sending spam using Sebatik.com, please send full details to abuse[at]sebatik.com
To determine whether you have sent spam we will:
- review the content of the message in question
- review your subscriber list for patterns common to harvested lists
- review the spam complaint
- view the records to see when the subscriber was subscribed and their IP address
For more information visit The Coalition Against Unsolicited E-mail and FTC’s CAN-SPAM Law.